Will I Make It As A Blogger? Or Is It Up To Me.
This is one of the big questions I get from people starting an online blog or website, I was going to say blogging business, but the thing is many people who start an online blog are not even close to having an online business and that is just a fact.
There are many reasons for this I go into more details about this in my Free Video Training Course .
The subject of this post today is about whether you or anyone else will make it as a blogger, so we better jump right to that topic.
The first thing is we need to define the words make it as a blogger, generally to make it in something implies that you are having success or doing well in it.
So there are quite a few things we could and should clear up before going any further, firstly we need to define the words to make it as a blogger.
You see everyone’s definition of making it as a blogger often are, could and will be entirely different, we are all looking for our own rewards in life, these could be spiritual, a feel-good factor, wanting to contribute to something or someone, or financial reward or freedom.
So in order to get what you actually want from your blog, it is a good idea to write down what you actually want to get from blogging.
Here are a few examples or some ideas of what someone might be looking for from their blog or website.
- Somewhere to release trapped thoughts or energy out into the open to make them easier to deal with.
- A way to journal things, keep pictures of your memories, daily habits and key moments in your everyday life, or the life of your family.
- Being able to work when you want to and not have to have a full-time job to make a living.
- Being able to make enough money to support yourself and your family financially.
- Wanting to get that grumpy boss off your back for once and for all.
- Wanting to be there every day to see your kids growing up, and not be away from home 8 till 12 hours per day.
- Want to be able to stop traveling frequently to work and sitting in long traffic jams every morning and evening Not having to fly to business conferences for meetings and work all the time.
- Get rid of the stress that you are given every day in the workplace.
- Not having to work with hostile colleagues every day that you do not like.
- A set daily, weekly, monthly or annual financial income coming in from sales, so you know you can survive or thrive comfortably.
- Meeting likeminded entrepreneurs and clients
- Expanding your horizon with more skills and information.
- Being able to help more people using the leverage of the internet.
- Becoming a well-known brand or influencer in the business world
- Being able to provide yourself and or your whole family a complete dream lifestyle.
- Being able to afford to eat better quality food.
- Being able to pay for better healthcare
- Being able to buy the car or cars of your dreams
- Being able to buy the house of your dreams
- Being able to make the monthly rent payment
- Being able to pay for basic housing facilities
- Being able to supplement your job income
- Being able to make your first dollar online
- Being able to make your first $100 online
- Being able to make your first $1000 Online
- Being able to make your first $5000 Online
- Being able to make your first $10,000 online
- Being able to make your first $50,000 online
- Being able to make your first $100,000 online
- Being able to make your first $500,000 Online
- Being able to make your first $1000,000 Online
- Being able to make your first $5,000,000 Online
- Being able to make your first $10,000,000 online
- Being able to make your first $50,000,000 Online
- Being able to make your first $100,000,000 Online
- Being able to make your first $500,000,000 Online
- Being able to make your first $ Billion Online
- Being able to create residual income streams that come in automatically daily, monthly, yearly without you having to work in a job.
- Being able to buy your first house
- Being able to buy your dream holiday home
- Being able to buy that castle that you have always dreamed of
- Being able to support some charity or organization and make a difference in many peoples lives
- ETC ETC ETC……
Okay so once you decide what being successful or making it as a blogger means for you then you can start looking at the results you start having and see if they meet up to your expectations or goals.
For me, some of the things that were important were being able to spend lots of time with my kids and get to see them grow up.
To be able to drive them to school every day and pick them up afterward.
To be able to build multiple income streams that come in regularly whether I work or not.
To able to drive the Mercedes I want
To able to buy a 9 seater VW Transporter so I can take my family on nice drives and holidays
To able to have my own private workspace/office
For my family to be able to live in a nice location
To be able to get large commissions that most people work months or years for in a job.
To able to buy the health equipment and food we need, Vitamix, juicer, Kangen Machine, organic fruit and vegetables.
To be able to take off work whenever I want.
To be able to do something I really enjoy doing and get paid for it as well.
These are some of the things which I wanted, which have helped me realize whether I am achieving my goals or not.
Okay let’s get back to the main question, will I make it as a blogger? The thing is a huge percentage over 90% actually fail at blogging, yes only 10% of them make it.
Before you get discouraged though let me tell you most of these bloggers never even get their first 5 blog posts done, yes many of them cannot even remember how to log in and post content on their blog 2 weeks after starting it.
In order to be in the percentage that succeeds here are the big things that will help get you into that bracket.
- Some guidance from someone who already blogs successfully online
- Create your first 50 blog posts on your website or blog
- Learn about all the different CTA’s that a blogger should make in their posts
- Learn how to do advertising or affiliate marketing on your blog or website
- Learn how to build your mailing list and setup autoresponder messages to send to your mailing list.
- Learn how to sell products and services on your blog or website.
- Buy the most important tools you need to set up your online business like hosting, a domain name, an autoresponder and a shopping cart.
- Take payments on your website, a website or blog with no payment system is like a car with no engine or a Yacht with no sails, it’s not going to get you anywhere.
- Learn what products and or services will help your readers solve their problems and answer their questions
- Learn to create capture pages and sales funnels using various lead capture page software
- Learn how to syndicate your blog content using all the social networks, forums or you could use paid advertising
- Spend about 40% of your time creating great content and the other 60% of your time syndicating and marketing the content.
If you can read your target audiences mind and do these other things then you are nearly there
Whatever you do never quit, you can change your brand, change your writing style, change the products and services you offer, change your domain name but whatever you do don’t quit.
In my opinion, quitting or not starting or continuing to take action are the only way to really fail in this business.
So Successful Blogging My Friends Now Get Back To Work